Willy Wonka Jr Auditions
The Willy Wonka Jr production team is excited to announce auditions for this summer's children's show! Auditions are open to all children ages 7-15 at the time of auditions. The audition process will involve costume measurements, movement, group vocals, individual vocals, and depending on the child's age reading from the script. Auditions will be made by appointment with each appointment slot holding up to 15 auditioners.
Auditions will be held May 17 from 4:00-7:00 and May 18 from 9:00-12:00 at Central School in Pontiac. Registration for audition appointments will open May 1. More details about that process will be released closer to that time.
Willy Wonka Jr is directed by Krista Chmiel with Pam Teske and Brittany Roper as producers and Kevin Kuska assistant directing. Questions can be directed toward any of them.
Children's Show Audition Process
- Sign in
- Come and see Pam to be measured and for parent to fill out information on the performer
- See Mrs Keck for vocal placement ( this includes warm up with a group as well as her finding out the range)
- Then to Krista for a movement check ( several people at once). Teaches them a few steps then observes how they do.
- Finally, and privately, they sing for Mr Keck and the older ones read if they want a speaking part.
- We do our best to hurry this along, but it is a long process and each and every child gets the same quality attention. No one is ever stopped in the middle of their solo.
- Appointments are required to help keep the process as timely as possible.
- The children's show is a little different in that every child gets a part, no one is turned away, and because of that some need a little more attention than others. We want them to blossom and to have a good experience.